Custom Test Builder for HR Professionals
At Total Testing, we don’t believe in a “one size fits all” solution. We know that each business has its own needs, objectives and skills. You know what you need, and you should be in the driver’s seat of your hiring process. That’s why Total Testing tests are fully customizable.
Our diverse, easy-to-use tests are professionally designed and thoroughly researched, giving you the ultimate starting point for online pre-employment skills tests that are proven to work. Our expert team will work directly with you to create a customized test that’s exactly what you need.
The Total Testing Process
As an HR professional, you play a crucial role in the success of your company. This is particularly true when it comes to hiring decisions. Hiring and training new employees is costly and time-consuming — you want to make the right choice and feel strong in your decision.
Total Testing is here to help you. Start by browsing our customizable list of online pre-employment skills tests. We have a wide range that covers an array of industries, behaviors and skills at three different levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Once you’ve narrowed down the options and found exactly what you need, you’re ready to begin your custom test creation with questions and content that target the specifics of your job posting. Our team is here to help as you create the online hiring test that works for you.
When you’re ready, you can administer the test to your candidate pool. Total Testing operates with a Pay-As-You-Go model, so you’ll only have to pay for exactly what you need once you’ve used it. This setup ensures that you won’t be paying in bulk for unnecessary tests or signing up for a yearlong contract that you don’t plan to use.
What Does Our Customization Look Like?
Our range of behavioral and skills tests are customizable. Total Testing is dedicated to ensuring that you get the exact product you’re looking for. Our team of experts will work with you throughout the process to create the test that fits your exact needs in order for you to make the best hiring decision possible. What do customizable tests look like in practical terms? You’ll have the ability to:
- Add questions as you wish, selecting from our bank of optional suggested questions or collaborating with us to create your own
- Remove questions that you don’t consider relevant to the job position at hand
- Modify the number of tries allotted per question
- Provide a time limit if you want to make the test more challenging for candidates
- Include additional instructions if you wish
- Much more — our team will work with you directly to help craft your ideal test
The Top Four Benefits of Customized Testing
Customized test creation has a host of benefits for both hiring managers and job candidates. As an employer, you’ll be able to more confidently make hiring decisions knowing that your new employee is up to the task and has the skills, behavioral traits and knowledge that the position requires. As a qualified candidate, they’ll have the opportunity to showcase that they’re the right fit for the role through measurable data.
The ability to customize each test ensures that they’re asking relevant questions for the specific job at hand. Customization offers plenty of advantages for an HR professional — here are the top four:
- Use your time effectively: You want to maximize your time rather than wasting unnecessary hours reviewing, interviewing or even hiring poor candidates. By administering customized testing, you can find out early in the hiring process whether the candidate will be a strong addition to your company. Along with specific skills testing, you can see whether they’ll be a good personality fit for the role and company culture. As a result, you’ll be able to narrow the pool and pursue only candidates who have the potential to succeed, saving you precious time.
- Cut hiring costs: As you likely know, hiring can be a costly business. Beyond the process of recruiting, interviewing and onboarding candidates, you must also provide training once these individuals are hired. Customized hiring tests will allow you to weed out the weak candidates from the strongest ones, saving you money during the hiring process and during their future job training.
- Understand each candidate’s strengths and weaknesses: Customized skills tests offer employers invaluable insights into each candidate’s areas of strength and weakness. With this measure of where they excel and where they could improve, you’ll have a deeper sense of your their capabilities — and how they fit with your company’s needs. This knowledge can help you make more informed decisions about where to invest training time and what each candidate can offer.
- Get exactly what you need: Customizable tests will ensure that you’re targeting your specific hiring needs. You’ll have the ability to add, remove or edit questions as you see fit or modify the test-taking parameters. The results will therefore be fine-tuned to your open position and give you insight that’s designed to help you make each and every hiring decision confidently.
Available Behavioral and Aptitude Test Scales
We have more than 123 scales available in our toolbox. You can choose up to eight scales to mix and match and create the behavior or aptitude test that’s perfect for you. Our scales include qualities such as:
- Achievement Drive
- Call Center – Customer Relations
- Call Center – Willingness to Help
- Call Center – Stress Management
- Call Center – Team Player
- Can-Do Attitude
- Customer Care
- Drug Free Attitudes
- Good Citizen
- Healthcare – Compassion
- Healthcare – Stress Tolerance
- Healthcare – Patient Relations
- Healthcare – Team Player
- Interpersonal Skills
- Manager (Situational Problem Solving)
- Non-Violent Attitude
- Problem Solving Interest
- Rules Compliance
- Sales (Situational Problem Solving)
- Self Confidence
- Self Control
- Stress Management
- Supervisor (Situational Problem Solving)
- Team Care
- Team Player
- Team Player (Situational Problem Solving)
- Work Ethic
Let Us Know How We Can Help
Are you interested in learning more about how our Custom Test Builder can benefit your hiring process? Total Testing is here to answer your questions as they arise. We’re committed to equipping you with all the tools your company needs to make the best hiring decisions with the ultimate confidence. Submit a contact form and one of our staff members will help you create the perfect test and post it online for your test-takers.